How can we use data science to empower cyclists, help bicycle retailers, and provide the industry with direction?
In this seminar, certified bike nerds Dan Stroud and Zach Hale of Bike Insights share their research on bike design and cycling trends using data visualization. Bike Insights combines bike geometry data with crowdsourced feedback from the cycling community to answer questions such as:
- How is it possible to do online matchmaking between cyclists and bikes?
- What bike designs and categories are trending, and why?
- How do cyclists feel about their bike fit?
- How can we develop a common language to talk about bike design?
- How can the industry improve the way bike geometry is conveyed?
- How can rider feedback be used to design better bikes?
- How can the industry better serve a more diverse demographic?