by Vanessa Romano
Category: On the bike nutrition or post ride meal!
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and cubed sweet potatoes
- ⅔ cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1. Steam the cubed sweet potato over simmering water for about 20min. They should be fork tender. Then mash the potatoes.
- 2. Stir the sweet potato, milk, egg, and butter together. In a separate bowl whisk the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the potato mixture and stir until just combined.
- 3. Plop a ladle full in your waffle iron and cook until crispy. (This could also be used as pancake batter)
- 4. Top with nut butter, apples, syrup, or whatever else you want, wrap it in some foil and put in your jersey pocket to enjoy on your adventures! This is also great with chicken and savory sauces for an after ride meal!