by Rachael Sage
Category: Anytime nourishment!
I like to cook according to my refrigerator to keep things simple. Winter in Michigan requires many calories! And I like to maximize them with what I have access to. Here, I found farm fresh eggs and shaved ham from my sisters farm! Brussels sprouts and potatoes I have on hand. And lastly GARLIC! A staple in my house. These ingredients can be switched with any item you have on hand. Be creative! Leftovers are great to use here.
- Baby potatoes
- Shaved ham
- Fresh garlic
- 1tbsp grape seed oil
- 1tsp turmeric
- Dash grey sea salt
- Preheat oven to 420 with rack set to the middle position in the oven.
- Then! Slice the potatoes, Brussels and press the garlic into a bowl.
- Add grape seed oil, turmeric and pepper. (No salt yet!)
- mix, mix, mix and lay out on a foiled baking sheet – I make sure here all the vegetables are laying on the flat edges then poke into the potato’s with my knife for a little help quick cooking.
- Into the oven for 10 mins – check for firmness – then cook for another 5 minutes.
- Here’s where the house starts smelling goooood!
- After checking at ten minutes, prepare eggs to your liking. I’m a fan of runny yolk. So fried or poached is my thing.
- Throw ham in to frying pan as eggs finish.
- Then! Dish it up and chow down! This is something I like to prepare the morning after a tough day of riding and before a recovery roll around.